Saturday 1 October 2011

A little bit about me - Critical Games Studies interview

1. What is the title of the last book (fiction) you are currently reading (or the last fiction book you read)?
Mayday by Clive Cussler. Originally I watched the movie Sahara, which was an adaptation of one of the books in this series. I really enjoyed the film, and when I discovered that it was based on a series of books I decided to start reading through them. So far I haven't been disappointed - the plots are interesting and the characters are well thought-out.

2. What is the title/topic of the book (non-fiction) you are currently reading (or the last non-fiction book you read)?
Long Way Down by Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor. This is the second of Charley and Ewan's motorcycle journeys across the lesser travelled parts of the world. This series really appealed to me as I've always wanted a motorbike - I used to often ride on the back of my dad's Harley's when I was little:


Okay, well I'm not much taller now but one day I'll have a Harley of my own! :D

3. What is the last live performance (music, drama or dance) you attended?
Muse, Wembley Stadium - they are a fantastic band to go see live!

4. What is the title of the last film you saw at the cinema / online or watched on dvd?
Serenity (dvd). This movie is the follow-up to a great series called Firefly. It is a sci-fi show with strong western themes, and centres around the crew of the spaceship Serenity. Anyone who hasn't seen the series... go watch it now! It is a brilliant show, with excellent actors, a well-written storyline, and plenty of laughs.

5. How often do you read a newspaper? (which one?)
Very rarely, and usually only for the Sudoku puzzles. I don't tend to follow the news very much, because I find that it gives a very unbalanced and pessimistic view of the world, focusing mainly on extremists, and negative events.

6. Which art gallery / museum / exhibition did you last visit?
The Natural History Museum. I have been here a few times lately, it is always a good place to go when visiting London with friends. I find it quite nostalgic going to these types of exhibitions, as I used to love visiting these places when I was younger - if I'm honest I still love the dinosaur section though :D

7. How many hours per week do you spend playing video games?
30-35. I've always had my own pc, as my brother used to build his own - whenever he built a new and better one I'd get the older one, which could generally run all the current games.

I grew up playing consoles like the Megadrive, SNES, and whichever pc games my brother owned at the time (i.e.Warcraft III, Command & Conquer, UT2004, Oni).

I play World of Warcraft way too much, in true gamer-geek style :D Glory to the Alliance! Courage, do not falter! (Oh god why Blizzard xD)

8. How many hours per week do you spend playing games other than video games?
Very few currently. I do love doing jigsaw puzzles though, and when I was younger I played lots of Risk, Cluedo, Backgammon and Chess. I also used to buy a lot of puzzle books, and although I don't tend to buy them very often now, I do still love the occasional Sudoku or Picross.

Hmm, what else to add about myself...

I love food.
I want to be the next Takeshi Yasutoko.


I can't see a cute bunny picture or video without favouriting or saving it.


Hello Kitty rules.

4 comments:

  1. answers are all a bit brief here giselle, what are your opinions on the things you have read and seen?

    rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-edited the interview, and added a bit more detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, thats better, i can now say that Muse are indeed a great band, I saw them live a few years ago at the V festival. Also as a londoner those Dinos at the natural history museum have been lodged in my head for as long as i can remember.

    Eds arranging a trip to the British Museum later this semester and if you have not been their then that is a total treat.

    rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Museums ... board games ... we'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete